Container Freight Station (CFS) Traffic Specialist
Organization: Trans-Overseas Corporation
Location: Romulus, Michigan
We offer our employees a fast paced, cutting edge, stable work environment with room for growth. If you are a results driven individual with the right skills, this could be the company for you.
The CFS Traffic Specialist is responsible for processing Container Freight Station (CFS) cargo in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with government regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Receives and processes bonded merchandise into the CFS and bonded warehouse
- Creates arrival notices by logging received merchandise into the computer system.
- Bills terminal charges to the brokers.
- Provides information to the brokers and other customers about freight availability.
- Applies for permits to transfer shipments to the Company's premises.
- Arranges and prepares shipments to be released once all required paperwork is complete.
- Processes domestic shipments through the warehouse in accordance with all requirements.
- Provides customer service to customers and consolidators by phone, e-mail and fax.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned and deemed appropriate by the company.
- Secure shipping documents and determines services needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR 1-3 years related experience and / or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ISO 9001 training is required; previous knowledge is preferred.
- Multi-lingual skills highly desirable.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume,
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Health and dental insurance available.
- Life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance is 100% paid for by the company.
- Paid vacation after one year of service
- Personal time off
- Paid holidays