Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Reports To: Director of Sales
Direct Reports: None
The employee will perform his/her duties, complying with health and safety laws, using modern findings, applying theoretical insights in practical contexts, using state-of–the-art equipment and adhering to the principles of profitability.
The jobholder performs his/her duties by applying modern, theoretical and practical insights and aids and by observing the principle of profitability and market requirements.
- Point out the advantages and benefits of our automotive products and system solutions to automotive manufacturers, cable manufacturers and suppliers.
- Acquire, tender advice to, and maintain constant dialogue with customers to protect and increase our automotive market share.
- Ensure that the general and specified sales targets regarding market penetration, sales and earnings are achieved in your sales territory.
- Ensure that the dates provided for the delivery of the goods can be met by the Production Department.
- Enhance our company’s prestige among customers, increase name recognition and ensure that our company wins new customers.
The employee performs the following duties as assigned:
- Maintain customer relationships for our automotive business segment in the North America region.
- Ensure newly awarded projects are successfully handed off to project management.
- Prepare and process inquires within the budget approved by the Director of Sales
- Direct successful activities mainly at the following application areas:
- Fuel system
- Thermal management
- Special Applications
- Protection Systems
- Communicate sales activities to the organization utilizing company visit report process.
- Monitor competitors and record information collected in the company market watch system.
- Conduct market research and record research results using established process.
- Participate in trade shows, explain the technologically demanding products, systems, and maintain contacts made at trade shows.
- Gather contact information and prepare mailings.
- Monitor projects to ensure customer’s voice is heard.
- Schedule calls to customers and create itineraries and meeting agendas.
- Maintain old contacts, establish new ones.
- Work toward sales strategies for your sales territory and assigned customers.
- When dealing with correspondence and letters, ensure that all material complies with our Corporate Identity.
- Observe the relevant legal provisions and regulations.
- Ensure that the document flow is always in compliance with the requirements of our QA System and our Quality Management Handbook provisions.
- In the event of discovering a deviation from specification, the employee has the authority to escalate the issue through the notification procedure, up to and including stopping production and activating the emergency action plan, if applicable.
In addition to the above outlined duties, the employee agrees to perform such other duties as may be reasonably necessary and as may be reasonably required within the level of the job at the direction of the supervisor.
The employee may:
- use a company car for business trips.
- incur company reimbursed expenses within the existing guidelines.
- Pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and any random or for-cause drug screen.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- Prior automotive industry sales or account management experience preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently within a team or independently on a regular basis.
- Focus on safety, quality, and productivity – in that order.
- Detailed and precise approach to work.
- An ability to look for improvements in processes.
- Strong technical ability (understand production terminology, and applications of our products).
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivation; ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Regular Local and Domestic travel, with occasional International travel necessary.