Director of Operations
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Location: Oakland/Main Office [MI, USA]
Travel Percentage: Undisclosed
Position Type: Full Time
Job Shift: Day
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Category: Business Development
The Director of Operations is responsible for developing and pursuing additional business initiatives for the agency, to include other duties and responsibilities as assigned. This role is responsible for the creation of project plans and objectives, identifying and tracking critical path activities, inter-dependencies, risk and mitigation, and scenario planning. The Director of Operations ensures effective execution of project initiatives, facilitating stakeholder interaction and communication in support of the strategy plan.
The Director of Operations also manages, renovates, and oversees preventative and corrective maintenance of the Agency’s facility including but not limited to vendor selection, RFP’s and contracts management. This position serves as a resource for facilities management.
- Explore, evaluate, and propose new business initiatives for untapped areas of need within the scope of operations and in support of our mission.
- Formulates project objectives and processes including, obtaining and maintaining effective relationships with contractors/clients and stakeholders, RFP’s, timelines, budgets, phase alignment and follow-up.
- Agency facilities management including oversight of the physical building (internal/external), property preservation, renovations/modifications, facilities maintenance, code/regulations, and OSHA compliance.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects and budgets, including working with Finance on budgeting/forecasts, variances, and reconciliation.
- Develop reports, presentations and maintain communications with the CEO, Board of Directors, and Governance Committee regarding project outline, scope, findings, options, work plans, and project status.
- Must be self-directed, results driven, analytical, detail oriented, solid understanding of financials including the ability to optimize outcomes within budgetary constraints
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. Able to interact with all levels of employees, external stakeholders, public officials, and top level executives is necessary
- Possesses exceptional presentation skills
- Experience with facilities mgmt. including planning, design, construction, mechanical, regulatory code, and OSHA guidelines
- Function in a highly demanding position, strong multitasking ability, meeting deadlines and delivering a high-quality product
- 4 year degree minimum in Business Development, Business Administration, Project/Organizational management or equivalent, Masters degree preferred
- Must have 5 years of relevant experience, facilities management a plus
- Excellent written, oral communication, organization, critical thinking, and strong leadership skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook required
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B in Southfield has outstanding benefits for this position that include:
- Choice of 3 excellent low cost Medical Plans
- Fitness and Wellness programs
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Excellent PTO package
- We recognize 10 regular and 3 floating holidays
- Centralized commute since main office is in Southfield, MI
- AND you work with very pleasant colleagues at our Agency
Our recruiting team would love to hear from you today! Please complete our on-line application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
To apply, please visit our website directly at https://aaa1b.org/about-us/career-opportunities/
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.