Job Location: Oakland/Main Office - Southfield, MI
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Shift: Day
Job Categories: Nonprofit - Social Services
AAA 1-B makes the commitment to positively impact the health and well-being of older adults, adults with disabilities, and caregivers. The goal of our staff is to lead efforts within the six counties that we serve to achieve their highest quality of life through teamwork, integrity and respect. We offer the following opportunity to serve:
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager, SWSC will:
- Assess the functional, psychological, financial, and environmental needs of potential MI Choice participants.
- Work with the participant (and his/her selected designee) to develop a person centered plan; assist and support the participant to manage their care needs.
- Monitor and reassess participants and quality assurance activities.
- Accommodate daytime, evening and weekend hours when needed by the department.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work & LLBSW OR Master’s Degree in Social Work & LLMSW.
- Will consider Social Workers with 0 or more years of experience – great opportunity for training and growing on the job; SWSC will be considered for promotion after becoming a Licensed Professional.
- Experienced candidates will have done prior work in psycho-social assessment or home care and/or worked with a similar target population; volunteer experience also beneficial.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability and knowledge of LTC programs, eligibility requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a community-based setting, independently with little direct supervision of daily duties.
- Strong computer skills required in MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook; will test.
- Valid driver’s license required; will travel within a geographic region utilizing own reliable transportation.
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B in Southfield has outstanding benefits for this position that include:
- Choice of 3 excellent low cost Medical Plans
- Fitness and Wellness programs
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Excellent PTO package
- We recognize 10 regular and 3 floating holidays
- Centralized commute since main office is in Southfield, MI
- AND you work with very pleasant colleagues at our Agency!!
Our recruiting team would love to hear from you today! Please complete our on-line application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this position, please visit our website directly at