COMPANY NAME: Area Agency on Aging 1-B
POSITION: Business Development Specialist (contractor position)
DEPARTMENT: Community Services Integration
DATE OF OPENING: Immediately
LOCATION: Southfield, MI
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for the Area Agency on Aging 1-B’s acquisition of Direct Service Purchase (DSP) vendors, including assisting with developing, planning, identifying potential vendors, and implementing the strategic plan to meet provider network capacity needs. Additional responsibilities may include fostering positive working relationships with existing AAA 1-B long-term support services (LTSS) DSP vendors and assisting Program Managers with collecting credentialing applications.
Responsibilities include to:
- Work within the community including networking with LTSS agencies to identify and bring onboard new vendors to the DSP vendor network.
- Monitor DSP vendor capacity, assist with developing & implementing strategic plan to meet capacity needs, develop metrics and dashboards for monitoring purposes.
- Develop relationships and maintain regular contact with contracted DSP vendors to foster effective partnerships. Communicate issues/concerns to the Contracts/Program Managers for assessment and prompt resolution.
- Coordinate with Community Support Services and Service Coordination teams to stay abreast of service needs.
- Collect credentialing application and facilitate handoff to Program Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field, Master Degree preferred.
- Experience with sales, marketing and vendor acquisition (in health care).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and projects.
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- 5 plus years comprehensive sales, marketing and or business development experience.