Import Traffic Specialist
Organization: Trans-Overseas Corporation
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
We offer our employees a fast paced, cutting edge, stable work environment with room for growth. If you are a results driven individual with the right skills, this could be the company for you.
Coordinates services for import shipments in a timely manner, as well as customs release and delivery of import shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Trace and arrange shipping, if needed, from basic information received.
- Secure shipping documents and determines services needed.
- Determine charges due and who is responsible.
- Refer to and update customer master file as needed.
- Process shipment and arrange pickup as needed.
- Keep customer informed of shipment status.
- Prepares and processes import documents (ABI and non-ABI functions)
- Processes TOC billing and forward entry summary documents; close out files.
- To include Commercial Account Coordinator Small/Mid-Sized) in advance of the time off.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 1 – 2 years related experience and / or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong writing skills required to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent oral communication skills required; specifically, before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Health and dental insurance available.
- Life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance is 100% paid for by the company.
- Paid vacation after one year of service
- Personal time off
- Paid holidays