Client Service Specialist
Reports to: Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Troy, Michigan
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
StraightLine is an independent Registered Investment Advisory firm and a recognized leader in providing objective investment management, advice, and education to individuals and retirement plan participants.
The client service specialist is a support role on the client account management team. Your responsibilities include preparing prospective/client paperwork, administering client data, and working with the advisors to open, transfer and maintain accounts. This role requires superior interpersonal and multi-tasking skill sets. Requires attention to detail and comfortable learning and adapting to new technologies quickly.
Your client service responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the overall firm client service.
- Learning and adapting to service the needs of various accounts in order to answer day-to-day questions from clients and advisors.
- Supporting advisors to open accounts by preparing paperwork and following the process through its entirety.
- Ensuring timely responses to all client correspondence and inquiries including address changes, bank change information, and withdrawal requests.
- Calculating and maintaining RMDs for all client accounts.
- Adhering to all compliance/risk procedures while following all work procedures and policies.
Your Technology responsibilities include:
Understanding of how to utilize a CRM (Salesforce) and other software tools (Schwab) to manage client information and to prepare paperwork.
We seek candidates who:
- Are well organized, with extraordinary attention to detail and the ability to support multiple advisors.
- Demonstrate strong accuracy and thoroughness while meeting designated deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Are responsive and effective communicators, verbally and in writing.
- Possess strong ethics, with the ability and dedication to maintain high confidentiality of personally identifiable client and firm information.
- Enjoy being part of a team that puts clients first.
- Have the emotional intelligence and self-awareness to develop an effective working relationship with the StraightLine team as well as our client base.
- Are tech savvy, with the proficiency to quickly learn new tools, software, and platforms in our constantly changing tech world.
- Are open to feedback and coaching. Have a positive, can-do attitude.
Education, Experience, Licenses, & Designations:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Series 65 licensed preferred (If you currently do not have the 65 designation, we would expect to have the test taken within 3 months of employment).
- 2 years of financial services experience (preferred). Experience working with a custodial operations team is desired.
What we offer:
- Salary based on experience and designation (Series 65).
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and company 401(k) match. Benefits start 1st day of employment.
- Paid vacation time
- Education, experience, licenses and designations
- Salary and benefits