E-Mobility Mechanical Design Engineer
: E-Mobility Mechanical Design Engineer
: E-Mobility Mechanical Design
: E-Mobility Engineering Manager
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Health insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Vision and dental insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Life, Accident, & Disability insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Winner of the "Cool Places to Work in Michigan" award and "Best Places to Work for Millennials" award
Responsible to manage, lead, calculate and document development of mechanical drawing and concepts for mechanical modules oriented to E-Mobility products. Key player to understand the customer design criteria. Work with the Preh development team worldwide as required to implement customer requirements. Document mechanical development concept modules for the automotive industry, considering functionality, quality and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for all mechanical engineering activities from design/construction in the concept phase, the development phase until successful launch of projects for E-Mobility products.
- Manage all the engineering changes and problem solving during the development phase in close coordination with other Preh locations and the customer as required.
- Solid experience with mechanical design involving products like BMS, OBC, DC-DC Converters for E-Mobility automotive systems.
- Perform reviews/clarifications of all technical specifications internally and with the customer. Document technical requirements with internal/customer mechanical design team to ensure all requirements are clear and covered by the design, including any functional safety requirements applicable or interfacing with the mechanical design in our requirement management system.
- Capable to perform a detailed mechanical part and integration of assembly design concept for high power electronics and PCBA. Be able to discuss mechanical drawings with customer on a mechanical engineering base. Be able to calculate or simulate worst-case-tolerance analysis.
- Participate in test phases and steps of the FMEA.
- Support Manufacturing Suppliers concerning design changes (CAD, BOM, and Documentation).
- Support Preh and customer assembly plants for mechanical design related issues.
- Support new business quotations and analysis.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of automotive mechanical systems.
- Knowledge using CATIA V5 software.
- Experience with the design, analysis, and integration of mechanical design modules in the automotive industry.
- Experience with requirement analysis, specification, testing, and validation of mechanical design in the automotive industry.
- Experience with E-Mobility standards
- Knowledge on Force Equals Mass times Acceleration (FEMA) design is a plus.
- Proven Experience with tools used by mechanical design engineers (Nx, DOORS, SAP, TestTrack, Surround, Ansys).
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Strong ability in the areas of team work and customer support.
- Strong ability of team leadership and department indicators achievement.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with professionalism, easy and high accountability.
- Bachelor degree or Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer for automotive E-Mobility products.
- Proficient English language, German or/and Spanish is a plus