E-Mobility Base Software Engineer
: E-Mobility Base Software Engineer
: E-Mobility Software
: E-Mobility Engineering Manager
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Health insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Vision and dental insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Life, Accident, & Disability insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Winner of the "Cool Places to Work in Michigan" award and "Best Places to Work for Millennials" award
Manage and lead the design, documentation and development of E-Mobility software modules for complex software-hardware interfaces and functions particularly in the automotive industry, considering function, safety, quality and cost.
Requirements Unique to this Position:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven experience in developing software for E-Mobility systems for different OEM customers
- Proven experience in base software components like communications, diagnostics, complex device drivers, functional safety, AUTOSAR, etc.
- Solid automotive system experience in order to conduct software discussions with customers
- Solid experience in module software coding (C language, Matlab/Simulink)
- Solid experience in requirements analysis, system and unit tests.
- Solid experience with BMS, OBC, DC-DC Converters for E-Mobility automotive systems
- Proficient system level knowledge of electrification technology functions and features
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Coordinate E-Mobility design and test activities using computer languages for different microprocessors and/or microcontrollers
- Manage the development and documentation of the complete design and testing of software module (example: specification, peer reviews, code reviews, quality standards compliance, requirements, test, etc.)
- Manage, specify, stipulate and document software modules with customer according to internal and customer specifications
- Coordinate and agree E-Mobility software development activities, strategies and standards with other Preh departments and locations.
- Release software, document and diverse E-Mobility software data files conforming with quality and customer standards
- Perform internal and external customer satisfaction surveys for the software department
- Manages direct reports if assigned.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Comply with IATF16949 policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as situation dictates
Education and Experience:
- Proficient with automotive E-Mobility software and hardware systems and components
- Ability to analyze complex electrical and/or software systems
- Proficient knowledge in communication protocols like CAN, ISP, I2C, etc.
- Proficient programming knowledge
- Knowledge of standards and requirements of vehicle technology as well as the typical overall software development tools oriented for E-Mobility applications
- Leadership skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to interact with customers, suppliers and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to travel international and domestically
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Ability to handle multiple task smoothly with high accountability level
- Experience with design, coding, analysis, integration, and testing of software modules.
- Knowledge of standards and requirements of vehicle and component technologies as well as the overall typical development and test-methods, including the ASPICE V-Model standard.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and lead team members
- Software Engineer (BSEE or BS Computer Electronic Engineer)
- Automotive communication protocols and software automotive tools
- 3+ years of experience in automotive E-Mobility software applications
- 3+ years of experience with software coding standards (CMM, SPICE, MISRA)
- Proficient in English language, German or/and Spanish is a plus