Software Requirements Engineer
Software Requirements Engineer
Preh, Inc. has been named a proud winner of the "Coolest Places to Work in Michigan."
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Health insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Vision insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Dental insurance benefits are 100% paid for by the company
- Life, Accident, & Disability insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Lead, document, manage and design the strategies for the SW requirements engineering processes (Analysis, documentation, management and traceability) related to all the SW strategies implemented or modeled in the electronic automotive component or module in which the engineer participates as developer; always considering the industry standards, product functionality, quality and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lead/coordinate SW requirements discussions with costumers and suppliers according to internal and external industry standards.
- Analyze and document complex engineering requirements related to the SW features or functions associated to the engineering product under development.
- Follow the internal SW requirements methodologies and processes.
- Document and manage software requirements with the customer according to internal processes and customer specifications
- Coordinate or participate internal and external requirements reviews to support the Software Quality Team
- Be able to understand, explain and maintain the requirements traceability of the SW requirements according to Software quality and customer standards
- Support the development and documentation of the complete System and SW architecture and interfaces for the specific product SW requirements of the designed product.
- Be able to test the designed product from the system point of view, using the development tools selected for black box testing.
- Support of other departments in concerns involving software.
Education and Experience:
- Experience working and defining SW and System requirements for the automotive industry.
- Experience working with ISO14229
- Experience using requirements management and traceability tools, ei. DOORS
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong Team work and customer support attitude.
- Well develop negotiation skills.
- Proven experience handling several tasks at the same time.
- Capable to define, document and explain abstract designs or engineering concepts to be implemented on embedded automotive systems.
Quality Responsibility and Authority:
- Engineering bachelor degree in software, electrical or equivalent engineering ei. BSEE or BS Computer Engineering
- Automotive embedded system experience
- Experience with Automotive communication protocols and software automotive tools (ei. CAN, Vector tools, Matlab, etc)
- Knowledge of Software coding standards (CMM, SPICE, MISRA)
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Product Systems Engineer or Software Engineer in the automotive industry.
- Responsibility to follow Preh’s procedures, standards, work instructions and other directions.
- Authority to stop a process known to create non-conformances or to hold a document known to be non-conforming.
- Responsibility to notify supervisor immediately of any action to stop/hold a process or document.
- Responsibility to propose solutions to known non-conformances.
- Responsibility to respond to customer requests efficiently and with enthusiasm ensuring the customer feels a high level of confidence when dealing with Preh employees, products and services.
- Responsibility to develop a clear understanding of customer needs.
- Responsibility to document non-conformances.
- Responsibility to identify immediate response to non-conformances and to communicate final solutions.
- Responsibility to verify solutions.
- Authority to implement solutions.