Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Director of Sales & Engineering - North America
The Project Engineer or Engineering Manager fills in for the job holder.
The employee will perform his/her duties, complying with health and safety laws, using modern findings, applying theoretical insights in practical contexts, using state-of–the-art equipment and adhering to the principles of profitability and market requirements.
- Define new products with customer according FIP design requirements.
- Guide clients for design changes according FIP design requirements.
- Verify that new products comply with specifications and technical restrictions of FIP and the customer.
- Serve as technical support for customer and FIP plants.
- Define the GD&T in conjunction with the customer.
- Preparation of 3D and 2D drawings in the development of new projects using specialized software.
- Definition and analysis of feasibility and risk studies for new products.
- Comply with guidelines of the IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 standards corresponding to their work area.
- Business travels to GER / MX / CZ Customer locations.
- Stabilize customer relations
The employee performs the following duties as assigned:
- Knowledge in CAD software CATIA V5 and Siemens NX
- Experience in Extrusion and Injection molding tooling design
- Experience in 2D drawing interpretation and creation in CATIA V5 and Siemens NX
- Stack up tolerance analysis
- Technical support to the customer and the production plant
- CAD data administration
- Coordination and interpretation of CAE simulations
- Feasibility studies and risk assessment
- Knowledge in Teamcenter
- Designing prototype tools
In addition to the above outlined duties, the employee agrees to perform such other duties as may be reasonably necessary and as may be reasonably required within the level of the job at the direction of the supervisor.
This employee may:
- use a company care for business trips.
- Incur expenses within the existing guidelines.