Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Rochester Hills Facility Administrator
Director of Sales & Engineering, NA (disciplinary & direct supervisor)
The employee will perform his/her duties, complying with health and safety laws, using modern findings, applying theoretical insights in practical contexts, using state-of–the-art equipment and adhering to the principles of profitability.
- Ensure that the corporate and departmental goals derived from the corporate strategy are achieved.
- Procure the specified qualities and quantities of goods and/or services (indirect material) in a timely manner and at the most favorable conditions.
- Improve the cost structure of the company and the products.
- Continuously optimize the product and supplier portfolios for which you are responsible regarding price, quality and service.
- Ensure the supply of the company while at the same time keeping stocks as low as possible.
- Ensure that actual and prospective customers always consider the company a competent and reliable partner.
- Assist the divisions or departments with procurement questions in the best possible manner.
The employee performs the following duties as assigned:
- Take calls and receive visitors and make appointments according to importance
- Check postal mail daily
- Order supplies and equipment from vendors and maintain a filing system
- Maintain inventory level for sales articles and office supply
- Create, verify and send out invoices to customers
- Coordinate employee events and stay within the budget given
- Assist in project work of Management team
- Assist with company presentations and overviews as needed
- Assist with the documentation of procedures, and work instructions
- Enter all contracts and engineering specification sheets in appropriate company systems
- Implement component numbers in company’s Infor system
- Store finished products at the defined storage location
- Create purchase requisitions or purchase orders as needed
- Help coordinate shipments for truck dispatch or drop of packages at shipment companies
- Maintain facility contracts and be point of contact for facility vendors
- Support customer teams by entering deliveries in customer portals
- Work closely with North American Human Resources
- Assist Executive Administrator in recruiting
- Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation for direct hires
- Submit contract employee timecards and verify time on the invoice; submit to HR
- Maintain contract employee headcount and report to HR daily
- Coordinate and manage travel for Rochester Hills employees and incoming visitors
- Provide assistance to prepare for tradeshows
In addition to the above outlined duties, the employee agrees to perform such other duties as may be reasonably necessary and as may be reasonably required within the level of the job at the direction of the supervisor.
This employee may:
- use a company care for business trips.
- incur expenses within the existing guidelines.
- Pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and any random or for-cause drug screen.
- Possess a High School Diploma or certified equivalent.
- Ability to work efficiently within a team or independently on a regular basis.
- Focus on safety, quality, and productivity – in that order.
- Detailed and precise approach to work.
- An ability to look for improvements in processes.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivation; ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Competency as evidenced by post-secondary education and/or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint