E-Mobility Hardware Engineer
: E-Mobility Hardware Engineer
: E-Mobility Hardware
: E-Mobility Engineering Manager
Preh, Inc. was a winner of the "Cool Places to Work in Michigan" award and "Best Places to Work for Millennials" award!
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Health insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Vision and dental insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Life, Accident, & Disability insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Manage, lead, calculate and document the design development of electronic modules for the E-Mobility automotive products, considering functionality, quality and cost
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work with suppliers and hardware team to understand, design, document according to Preh and supplier standards.
- Support Quality and Purchasing department and other departments as needed
- Solid experience in automotive E-Mobility hardware and system products in order to conduct discussions with customers
- Solid experience in simulating, calculating and analyzing hardware modules and functions. Design electronic modules considering the electrical tolerance, limitations and the requirements of the automotive industry considering functional safety requirements as applicable to automotive E-Mobility products.
- Participate in test phases and steps of the FMEA. Calculate and document worst-case scenarios and analysis. Test and define the limits of the analysis results to meet the "robustness validation" criteria
- Design, build and adapt project-specific environments to test equipment. Support and coordinate samples for the different optimizations. Check and monitor the module validation as well as result interpretation and improvements
- Coordinate the concept modules through all the operational steps of the project management (samples, hardware development, quality and production)
- Calculate and evaluate external patents as well as compare in house patents with external patents
- Support cost quotation and analysis.
- Proficient system level knowledge of electrification technology, functions and features
- Solid experience with BMS, OBC, DC-DC Converters for E-Mobility automotive systems
Education and Experience:
- Experience with the design, analysis and integration of hardware modules in the automotive industry oriented to E-Mobility applications.
- Experience with requirement analysis, hardware specification, testing, and validation of hardware modules in the automotive industry.
- Ability to analyze complex electrical and/or software systems
- Leadership skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to interact with customers, suppliers and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to travel international and domestically
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Ability to handle multiple task smoothly with high accountability level
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong ability in the areas of team work and customer support.
- Knowledge of standards and requirements of vehicle and component technologies as well as the overall typical development and test-methods, including the ASPICE V-Model standard.
- Ability to manage and lead team members
- Electrical Engineer (BSEE or BS Computer Electronic Engineer)
- 3+ years experience as a Hardware Engineer in automotive E-Mobility applications
- Proficient in English language, German or/and Spanish is a plus