Job Title: Human Resource Generalist
Company: Pinnacle, Inc.
Location: Troy, Michigan
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Medical (3 plans to choose from) – premium is 100% ER paid
Dental - premium is 100% ER paid
Vision - premium is 100% ER paid
$100,000 group life insurance - premium is 100% ER paid
401(k) with ER match (after 90 days)
10 days vacation + 2 personal days (after 90 days)
3 days paid sick leave
Corporate rate at Lifetime Fitness
Employee Assistance Plan
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability soon to come
Summary: Responsible for planning and administering policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Manage Employee Handbook and policies. Review annually.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. This includes overseeing Anti-Kickback Statute/Sunshine Act reporting requirements for Health Care Professionals (HCPs).
- Actively recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill vacant positions and maintain candidate pipeline for ongoing hiring. Ensure all parties involved in recruiting process are following proper protocols. Utilize Predictive Index and HireVue as part of recruitment efforts.
- Run background checks on new employees
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Draft offer letters
- Conduct exit interviews when employees leave
- Establishes and maintains the process for training and development of employees throughout the company. Gain high level understanding of Predictive Index program and effectively train and provide managers with tools to utilize with their teams.
- Designs, directs, and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, and key employee retention.
- Manage and oversee performance review process and semi-annual employee satisfaction survey program. Compile and present management with recommendations based on feedback from surveys.
- Establishes and maintains communications with employees at all levels to disseminate appropriate information regarding corporate strategy, programs, performance, etc.
- Maintain personnel files and utilize standard records retention protocols.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Reviews these programs on a regular basis to insure maximum benefits for the corporation’s employees within a reasonable cost.
- Allows for personal development and growth in skills by accepting regular feedback, training, and mentoring from managers and peers.
- Proactively communicates with team members and leadership.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Adheres to all company health and safety, OSHA, and MIOSHA procedures, standards, and guidelines.
None. This role does not currently supervise employees, but may in the future.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities: