SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
: Software Test Engineer
: Laboratory Software and System Test
: Quality Manager
Preh, Inc. was named one of the "Best Places to Work in Michigan!" Preh also won the "Best Place to Work for Millennials" award!
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Health insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Vision and dental insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Life, Accident, & Disability insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
The Software Test Engineer is responsible for the planning, specification, execution and documentation of software tests on electronics and for the system integration tests of the mechanics-electronics interface. She/He is one of the contact person for the customer related to software qualification, and agrees with the Quality Manager and the Software Engineer on the testing strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Defines the testing strategy in agreement with the Quality Manager and software engineers.
- Analyzes and understands black box Software requirements.
- Writes the test specifications and protocols.
- Implements automated test scripts.
- Tests the software according to test specifications.
- Participates in problem identification and solution management.
- Manages the tests, including planning, execution, control, and reporting of test results.
- Reviews and prepares related documents as specified in PKit.
- Complies with IATF16949 policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of automotive mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of software testing methods and testing tools
- Ability to identify weak points and risks
- Knowledge using Vector tools (CANoe or CANalyzer).
- Proficiency in the use of PC's for data collection, plotting, report writing, etc.
- Willingness and ambition to work under pressure, meet schedules and maintain a high level of accountability.
- Ability to interact with customers, suppliers and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Objective and constructive assessment skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be detailed results oriented, and accurate.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Ability to operate in an absolute trustworthy manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with professionalism, ease and high accountability.
- B.S. in E.E, Electronics & Communications or equivalent degree required; plus a minimum of 1-3 years applicable experience as Software testing & Validation Engineer.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Spanish and/or German language skills a plus.