Surface Development Lab Technician
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
POSITION TITLE: Surface Development Lab Technician
DEPARTMENT: Deco Trim
REPORTS TO: Surface Development Engineer
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
JOYSONQUIN is a global auto parts company, jointly invested by SENSSUN and JOYSON Electronics. JOYSONQUIN is committed to becoming a fashion designer of intelligent automobile interiors and a leader and innovator of new energy vehicle charging and distribution systems.
In 2018, JOYSONQUIN developed a series of new products, along with the newly emerging trend of new energy and intelligent driving, leading functional parts and trim parts into a new era of electronic and intelligent interiors. JOYSONQUIN has also formed a strategic partnership with customers in the new energy, high voltage charging and distribution system market.
Interested in working on auto interiors of the future? Do you believe in teamwork to bring ideas to life? Want to join a global family that values integrity and high performance?
If so, we’d like to meet you.
Excellent Benefits Package Includes:
Health, vision, dental, insurance and more!
401(k) account with match
Paid holidays off
This position will provide service for NA OEMs, He or she supports the Surface Development Engineer with color and trim as well as veneer development for interior decor trim parts starting from customer design idea (sample plaque, picture, sketch, etc.) to final series master sample, released master book and release final parts which meet all customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support definition of BOM for color and lacquer (UV- Stabilizer, wood stain, lacquer system, carrier fabrics, adhesive, veneer type) prior to testing
2. Support Surface Development Engineers with surface development:
3. Support Surface Development Engineers with preparation of master books (color, veneer structure, haptics and gloss level range)
4. Support Surface Development Engineers with transfer to series production location including employees training. Support of ramp up at series plant.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Know How In:
- Base veneer color
- Veneer range in terms of grain and structure
- Veneer surface treatment for design
- Color development
- Application of color, primers, and lacquer systems
- Work experience in definition of wood stain (mixing of base color liquids)
- Craftsmanship in lacquering and wood
- Work experience with wood veneer
- Work experience with wood, veneer or lacquer and color development
- Resistance against aging (heat, sun, humidity)
- Wood machining and wood treatment
- Application of lacquer and stain
- Good eye for color
- High quality awareness,
- Customer and service focused
- Problem solving oriented
- Team player with communication and coordination skills, executive ability, self-motivation.
- Excellent English language skill – both written and oral.