Accounting Intern Needed A love for accounting and math is required!
Position: 3 Month Internship- Summer 2015
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Pay & Benefits: This internship is unpaid, however, there is an opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the internship. In addition, a $1250 scholarship may be offered if the internship goals are completed successfully!
About the Company: This small business provides accounting & tax services for individuals and businesses. They are an Enrolled Treasury Agent which means they have a federal license with the IRS to provide tax services in Michigan, along with other states. This company was established 24 years ago and is very successful, growing 13% - 30% each year.
- MUST HAVE A PASSION FOR ACCOUNTING
- Will conduct single entry and double entry calculations on income statements & balance sheets
- Process Payroll
- Data entry
- Will be using a 10 key calculator to compute expenses
- Answer phone calls & emails
- Manage front desk
- Open & close office each day (coffee duties, turning on voicemail, taking messages, making sure the office is clean/tidy, etc.)
There is growth opportunity at this company. They are looking for someone who will be at the firm long-term and can eventually grow into a management role with time.
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Multi-tasking (must be able to handle a stressful & busy environment during tax season)
- Must be able to work in a quiet environment during off season
- Great customer service skills
- Self-starter, dedicated, and passionate about accounting
- High School Diploma
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN A WORD DOCUMENT FORMAT