Fund Development Specialist
Location: Church of Christ Care Center, Clinton Township, MI 48035
Benefits: Excellent health insurance and benefits offered
● The Fund Development Specialist is directly accountable to the Director of Philanthropy.
● Superior writing skills
● Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills suited to a faith – based environment .
● Ability to manage, establish and meet strict deadlines.
● Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite of software applications.
● Experience with utilization of donor databases, preferably GiftWorks
● Prefer 2 years of experience in fundraising/fund development.
- Lift and carry light objects such as files, office supplies, etc. without assistance.
- Perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as typing, computer input, calculator operation.
- Stoop, file, walk, bend, squat, stand, kneel, etc.
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Identify residents or their families at a distance of 30 feet.
- Read fine print on reports.
- Distinguish normal sounds with some background noise as in answering the phone, intercom, etc.
- Speak clearly and make self understood.
- Concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption to function for more than 60 minutes at a time.
- Understand and relate to specific ideas, several at a time to understand and relate to the theories behind several related concepts.
- Remember multiple tasks/assignments over a period of several days.
Essential Job functions
- Occasional exposure to dust, loud or unpleasant noises, fluctuations in temperatures.
- Occasionally exposed to microbial bacteria and other infectious agents inherent to nursing homes.
- Occasional exposure to chemical compounds ‑ medications
- Frequently exposed to stressful situation.
● Gift processing, i.e. sorting, copying, reconciling, data entry, filing, pledge reminders and
receipting and thank you letters on a regular basis.
● Maintaining accurate, organized paper and electronic records in GiftWorks of all gift
activity via donor database.
● Maintain website donations and trouble-shoot any issues as they arise.
● Maintain integrity of GiftWorks database donor portfolios, including running queries and
● Conduct prospect research and provide summary material to organizational leaders and
Volunteers to aid in the identification and cultivation process
● Be willing to learn social media strategies and find opportunities to build Care Center
● Install and learn Constant Contact software and use it as a vehicle for e-mail
● Assist other fund development and public relations staff on special projects and events to
gain a strong knowledge and understanding of details and operation of each event and
● Making positive contributions as a member of the fund development team.
● Other duties as assigned by fund development staff.
● Willing to participate in personal and professional training to augment skills.