Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Organization: Humane Society
Location: Metro – Detroit Area
Salary Range: $28.00 - $31.00 per hour
The Humane Society works to help those who cannot speak for themselves. We provide humane care for unwanted, abused and injured animals in an environment where we work to prevent cruelty to animals, and place adoptable pets into good, permanent homes.
The Doctor of Veterinary Medicine will report to the Executive Director. This individual is responsible for diagnosing and treating illnesses and injuries in animals. They are also responsible for administering and understanding preventative care needed to keep the animal healthy.
- Minimum of five  years of experience.
- State of Michigan Veterinary License.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Compassionate nature required.
- Works independently with minimal supervision in a no-kill shelter.
- Group Health Insurance
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid time off for vacations
- Paid sick & personal time off